June 18, 2012
Designing and developing a soccer club website is a big task. If you are going to go through the effort of building a new website, there are many things to consider. The most important question is what is the purpose of this site and who will it serve?
The world of website design has certainly been through its paces. There are many tools and templates today to make things easier for non-technical people. Some folks choose a custom design and need to rely on others to make edits or changes. This does not serve youth sports well since seasons are short and action packed!
In youth soccer, websites should be about fresh and current content – making it easy for families and players to find what they need – quickly and easily. Most soccer websites are static, outdated and poorly designed – having no positive impact on the club brand.
The other thing to consider is that most soccer clubs are run by volunteers and the website should be easy to administer and update. They should be fun to work with!
Here are the “top 5” things you should consider when building a soccer club website:
- Is it driven by a CMS (content management system) that is easy for a non-webmaster to update?
- Are you easily able to add a blog so you can engage your club community and share your thoughts and ideas?
- Is the design simple and easy to navigate for families to find what they need?
- Is the site administration tied into your overall registration/management system so you can do it all in one place?
- Does the site represent the brand of your club?
Korrio allows clubs to easily build, publish and edit hosted websites. See how we make it easy and integrated.