Creating a team
Creating a team is easy with Korrio. In just a few minutes, Registrars and Administrators can set up a team and begin the process of building the roster. Once your Team is created, you can add players, parents, coaches, and managers using the import tool or create individual member accounts.
Our Create a Team page is exactly the same as the Edit Team Details page, so these simple steps will allow Registrars and Administrators to create and manage a team.
Let’s get started…
You can create a dynamic team account with only a few pieces of information – so your online community for your organization, club, and team can be up and running in minutes.
- Click your club name or logo located in the upper left of your screen.
- Click the teams tab that is located at the top center of the club homepage.
- Click the create a team link.
- The create team tool will appear, where you can start adding details about that team.
This process is simple and provides great value for all members in the future. You can now personalize the team, add uniforms colors and set the age eligibility.
Create a Team
As a Registrar or Administrator, you have the ability to create a team using the fields below. Once a team is created, it will appear on your team site and is ready to be populated with players, parents, coaches and managers.
Enter your team name. (i.e. GU13 97 Panthers) This is a required field, and is used to find your team information easily in the future.
Type in whatever words you’d like to use to personalize your team. (i.e. The Lady Panthers are a U13 recreational level team from Seattle, and we play in the District Gold division. We practice twice a week, and we play games on Saturdays during the Fall. Our focus is to work hard, play as a team, and have fun.) This field is optional.
- League Code
This code represents the level of play of your team. (i.e. Recreational, Select, and Premier)
- Team Colors
Select the uniform colors of your team that will populate the uniform options when a game or practice is scheduled. Managers and coaches may select colored shirt, short, and sock options when setting up their games and practices which will make it easy for players and parents to know what to wear. There are three distinct uniform shades – light, dark, and other. Each choice can be selected from a palette of 63 colors.
On the create a team page, choose the color for your light, dark, or other selections.
- Season start and end dates
These dates distinguish when a team is active, inactive, or archived. This information dictates the events that your team is eligible for.
- Click the calendar icon in season start, and select the start date.
- Click the calendar icon in season end, and select the end date.
Click on the arrow, and select the gender of your team. The Coed value is for teams that allow both male and female participation.
- Age Eligibility
Our registration/sign-up funnel has been designed to recognize the age of the player and match that player with the age appropriate teams. When registrars perform their team formation functions and add players to teams, only the players that are gender and age eligible for the team will appear.
- All Ages – No restrictions
- Sport Age (Season) – Player eligibility based on a sport age (e.g. U16) defined by your Association’s yearly cutoff rules. Korrio stores the date cutoffs so you don’t have to worry.
- Sport Age Range (Season) – Player eligibility based on a sport age range (e.g. U16 – U18) defined by your Association’s yearly cutoff rules. Korrio stores the date cutoffs so you don’t have to worry.
- Sport Age (User Defined) – For example, set a Cutoff Date of March 31, 2011 and a Sport Age of U16 to create a program where the player needs to be 16 by the Cutoff Date to be eligible.
- Sport Age Range (User Defined) – For example, set a Cutoff Date of March 31, 2011 and Sport Ages of U16 and U18 to create a program where the player needs to be between 16 and 18 by the Cutoff Date to be eligible.
- Age Range – If the player’s age is between the range defined at the time of registration, they are eligible for the program.
- Birthday Date Range – If the player’s birthday is between the range defined, they are eligible for the program.
- Click the “Save Changes” button, and your team is created.
Once you have created your team, your team account is automatically created. This account automatically generates a team website with tools to enrich the experience of every player, parent, coach, and manager. As a Registrar or Administrator, you have the privileges to manage your teams and rosters. With a few clicks of a button, your job is done.
Our mantra is More Sport | Less Hassle, and with our Create a Team capabilities, Korrio has made your job so much easier.